Wednesday, June 24, 2009

back into the flow...

image courtesy of ehow.com

i've unfortunately taken a month long hiatus from doing yoga this june, not really sure why (probably me just being lazy), but i think it's time i got back into the swing. there's just something about wearing tight fitting cute & comfy yoga clothes, stretching & coordinating deep breaths that totally relaxes me...even the "om" at the end somehow manages to release the days tension! the style of yoga i practice is vinyasa, which is basically when the breath dictates the movement. believe it or not, yoga was recommended to me by my physician. i was experiencing some pretty intense anxiety during graduate school & after, and i also suffer from chronic migraines. yoga is an alternative solution to medications for both ailments (although my migraines do require medication from time to time). not to mention, it's an activity my girlfriends and i like to do together (sometimes we get a serious case of the giggles in class though and annoy the crap out of the entire group...oops!).

No comments:

Post a Comment