Wednesday, September 30, 2009

missing my mac (not the computer, the dog)...


i've been having reoccurring dreams lately about my old westie, mac(kenzie). it's been breaking my heart each time i dream about him, i wake up crying & missing him even more, but thankful i have penny there in my bed with me during those moments. he's been gone for almost 4 years now, and while i have a new little miss sunshine in my life i can't help but wish he was still here...


you've never met a dog like him. he has survived a tornado (which my grandfather didn't hear the warning sirens and left him out in the yard for), a dog attack, a year at college with me, several bad boyfriend on my part, a couple of moves to 5 different states, and even cheated death (we were going to put him down but i just couldn't bring myself to do it, so we didn't, and we spent one last night with him and he passed away on his own).

i miss these kind of moments with my friend...



this was the last photo i took of him the weekend he died, resting comfortably in his bed, old & tired....he was 18 1/2 years old...

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you ever stop missing dogs :( even though it's nice to have new dogs to snoogle.

    Can't believe he was 18 1/2....that's quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete