Friday, June 25, 2010

now this is a lake house...


we grew up in one of the greatest areas in new york state. part of westchester county, the katonah-lewisboro area was full of horse farms, lakes, forests, and mountains and nature preserves, but all still within 45 minutes of new york city.

my dad just sent me this local magazine and featured in it was a family from our town and their incredible lake house on lake waccabuc. lake waccabuc is a special spot... my sister had her first camp counseling job there, we (well, not me because i'm afraid of heights) used to jump from castle rock into it's clear waters, and there were many high school parties that were centered around the shoreline there.

this is my dream house, no joke. i'm fascinated by every aspect of it...but mainly how they figured out how to run the plumbing & electrical out 40 feet from the shore line (that's the dorky contractor in me)??? i would never leave my house if this were it, it would be especially hard to get me off that hammock...









ok, this is totally off the subject, but their son, chris bocklet (according to my sportsaholic father who knows everything about every athlete to ever come from our hometown) says chris is the leading scorer at uva...check him out here, he's kind of cute, but too young for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment