Wednesday, December 1, 2010

meet megan...

i don't even know where to start with introducing you to my dear friend megan, other than telling you she is the kind of friend you can go months without seeing or speaking to and pick up right where you left off. her friendship, in my mind, is like the song 'easy like sunday morning'...hahaha. corny as that may be, it's the truth. i mean hello, she surprised me at my 30th birthday party in march all the way from connecticut, i was in tears upon the sight of her cute lil' dimples...


meggie, megs, schmegs...we became friends in college, she had some (and still does) sick dance moves down at the holiday bar, always with a smile on her face, a cocktail in hand, with a boy drooling as he had the great privilege to be seen dancing with her for that brief moment. if there's one thing megan and i have in common its our undoubted love for our alma mater (along with our little friend kerry, to be introduced later). we talk about it incessantly, buy & wear every bit of school spirit gear we can, and are going to force our children to go there too so we can come visit them often. we're soooo looking forward to our 10 year reunion in 2012!!!...


other than being an amazing friend, she is an amazing daughter & sister. her family is awesome, i often tell her that i would like her super sweet parents to adopt me so i can officially be their child and sisters with her & katie. seriously people, this family is cooler than cool (and i may or may not have an old man crush on her dad).

anyone who is friends with megan knows how lucky we are to have her in our lives. she is perpetually happy, god only knows how she does it... she is a teacher, a dog owner, has a hottie boyfriend, is hot-momma herself, loves to dance, loves to laugh, loves to wrap her legs around me at the motel 6....tmi??? and i am totally looking forward to seeing my little love and her friend ali in a few weekends!!! wahooo, warn the authorities people...



Home town? Born in Garden City, Long Island but I moved to Darien, CT when I was six.


Where did you go to college and what was your major? HOBART :) That’s right I call it Hobart. Not William Smith. One of my favorite places in the world. That is where I met my girlfriend, Blair Dubak. Majored in English and was in the Education Program for Special Ed/Elem Ed. Certification.


Current job? Special Education Teacher (Grades 3 & 4)


Dream job? Rock Star


What website(s) do you check daily? Facebook, Blair’s blog, Ali’s blog.


Best piece of advice you were ever given and by whom? Hard to pick just one piece of advice. I think it would be something my Mom & Dad told me growing up. We had lots of sayings in my house, including AFGO – “another f’ing growth opportunity.” ;)


One word your friends would use to describe you? Fun.


What has been your greatest accomplishment? Working with Special Education Students in the inner city.


What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I have a hard time putting myself first.


What is the first thing you notice about other people? Their ability or inability to connect with others.


Outfit you feel the best in? Any outfit I’ve worn on my birthday. By far, my favorite day of the year.


Beauty product you can’t live without? Would have to go with deodorant.


Is it easier to forgive or forget? Forget (Wish I could say forgive, but it isn’t always easy)


Biggest pet peeve? Selfish people


If you were a crayon what color would you be? I would be a marker instead.


If a Hollywood movie was made about your life what actor/actress would play you? Michelle Pfeiffer and the movie about my life would be Dangerous Minds.


What book are you currently reading? The Last Lecture.


If you could live anywhere in the world for one year where would you live? Costa Rica. I fell in love with it.


Who has played the most influential role in your life? My Mom & Dad. Without a doubt.


Favorite Quote?

There will come a time in your life when you will realize that life is full of changes. Sometimes you have it made, sometimes you're down in the dumps. But that's life, it goes back and forth. Point is, you need to know, understand, realize, that even if things aren't going your way, as easy as it is to get stuck there, you have to realize that those times won't last forever, light will come. But, on the same token, you also need to appreciate those times that you find to be the greatest moments of your life, because they, too, are limited. Take everything for what is, but don't get scared. No matter what cards are dealt, promise yourself that you will never, never, land. Never stop moving."


3 comments:

  1. YES! Megan radiates joy, and warmth and FUN. Her attitude and personality match her physical beauty. We're only a couple members of the Megan Ann Williams Fan Club - there are TONS. Let's celebrate her next weekend, Blair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I EVER get so lucky? I can't even handle it. I love you guys so much it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read this again. You are unreal. :) Biggest smile ever.

    ReplyDelete