Wednesday, January 5, 2011

soups on...




i just recently discovered good life eats and decided to try my hand at a roasted red pepper soup recipe tonight that i've been wanting eyeing for a few weeks. so with my trusty sous chef by my side we set out to cook tonight...


i took a few small liberties with the recipe; i only used 7 red bell peppers instead of the recommeded 8 and i used chicken stock instead of vegetable stock. i also didn't really peel the skins off the peppers, i tried, but gave up quickly, doesn't matter anyway once you put it in the food processor...but it turned out AMAZING. I mean, I really love summer gazpacho, but this could be my new winter soup...and it looks so pretty in my blue le creuset pot...


i also came across a recipe for chicken korma in the slow cooker. my sister got the book make it fast cook it slow... turns out the author also has a blog called a year of slow cooking... AND the boyfriend received a new crock pot for christmas this year. i think i might try to make it in sunday for us. warning, the photo of it is not so appetizing...



and maybe this taco dip or not-to-spicy bean dip for the afternoon football game snack, also in the slow cooker!

No comments:

Post a Comment