Friday, April 8, 2011

getting crafty...

i've been on a 'craft kick' lately, inspired by blogland & the old internet of course.

like this post on elements of style yesterday. now i want to make a similar sign for my mom's new house in westport, ma with all the locations & distances of various family members, vacation homes, etc. i think it would a cute personalized gift for her...


i've also been kicking around the idea of making chalkboards, maybe adding some hooks to them to hold your keys. inspired by a few of these...


oh yeah, and i might attempt a quilt. one of my favorite bloggers, sarah from going starfishing, TOTALLY inspired me with these and this one. she and i actually talked about me commissioning one from her at one point, i'm kind of obsessed with her crafting ability...


i'm not a skilled seamstress like sarah, so hers are WAY beyond what i could ever hope to attempt, but my mom gave me this book and there's a little section about how to make your own simple quilt that i might try out...


oh, and i'm pretty much in love with sarah's cowl neck scarf too...


my friend shannon, who's a knitter herself, took me to get my 'knitting starter kit' a few months back...problem is i'm having a hard time actually starting, i've never knitted before. i was going to try a simple scarf, but after seeing this cowl i might try that instead. talk about ambitious right?

god only knows when i'll find the time to do all this...

No comments:

Post a Comment