Friday, June 17, 2011

family reunion...

the last time we had a family reunion was 2006 in a place that as a family we spent many summers, lake george. i have very fond memories of camping with my grandparents & aunts & uncles around the lake and one very funny story of when my uncles boat sank (a story for another time). this trip we were also celebrating my grandparents both turning 80. this was a bittersweet vacation because it was really the last time my grandmother, who has alzheimer's, was able to travel...


a couple of months ago we got together with some extended family (my grandfather's brother's family) and that was really cool! we don't see them as much and it's great to hang out with cousins (for me anyway) that are a little bit older since i'm the oldest one in my family...


i'm really hoping we can plan another bigger get together in the coming years, so when i saw these family reunion t-shirts on design mom the wheels started turning...


No comments:

Post a Comment