Monday, April 23, 2012

DAR weekend...

       

over the weekend my mom, aunt & i went to a very special luncheon in honor of my great aunt, who is retiring from her position as the registrar. all four of us are members of DAR, daughters of the american revolution, the white plains, ny chapter. if you can believe it, we can trace 9 relatives who were patriots in the revolution on my maternal grandmothers side alone! i'm not entirely sure of this, but i think on my paternal grandfather i can even trace our family back to the reverend william brewster who came over on the mayflower...which means we could be members of the general society of mayflower descendants if we really want to get all crazy...

       



the luncheon was held at the whitby castle on the rye golf club premises...it was a spectacular view on a very gorgeous day...


    




1 comment:

  1. So cool!!! You won't believe this, but I'm a member of the Mayflower Society!!!

    ReplyDelete