Sunday, August 12, 2012

smaller, cheaper, just-for-me...


there's a great article in the new york times about the reinvented smaller, cheaper, just-for-me wedding phenomenom happening right now...and i have to admit, i like it. there was probably a time when i was in my teens when i wanted the big, white, 200+ guest wedding. but now that i'm older, wiser, and have less 'real friends', a wedding with under 100 people sounds perfect. 

my taste has definitely changed...i want the small, intimate, diy, relatively casual & fun back yard wedding reception (although i do want to get married in a church, i've always wanted that for some reason)...simple flowers, simple cake, buffet style, grab your own beer out of the large galvanized pale of ice, good music, large tables...and only the people nearest and dearest to share this day with us.

here's a snippet of my pinterest wedding inspiration board...my ideal wedding look...
 
the bling...



invite...
 
  
 
dress...

 
 

 
    
 

flowers/decor....

 
      
 

seating...
 
 
  

table...
 
 
 
  
 

cake...
   
 

food & drink...

 
  

twinkle...
 
    

fun...
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
  


1 comment: