Wednesday, July 3, 2013

special day...

over the weekend my mom and sister hosted my beautiful bridal shower at my mothers boston apartment (with some help from some great friends). i've been to a lot of bridal showers- always the bridesmaid, never the bride- but you aren't really prepared for how overwhelming your own will be. it's the first time all the women in your life mix into one group- your mom, your sister, your aunts & cousins, your friends...and then you're new mother-in-law and sister-in-law and new aunts & cousin-in laws. and the presents you receive, oh my goodness, people are so generous. the afternoon was just so beautiful and special...


special shout-out to my friend steph who made these cupcakes and commissioned these adorable cupcake flags especially for them...



my mother put out my grandma's dress and photo of her in it for the shower...so she could 'be there' too...



after the shower my sister, with the help of a few friends, threw me an amazing bachelorette! she rented us a few rooms at the westin hotel in town (best beds ever btw), and we pre-gamed a little before heading out to dinner. She had the most awesome decorations set up in the room, made a pre-game mix of music and gave each of the girls these perfect little gift bags for attending- she really outdid herself. i'll keep my photos pg for this part, but let's just say and old friend from atlantic city showed up (wink, wink)...



after that we headed over to the very hip red lantern for a totally delicious meal that my sister had pre-planned. not even kidding you, my mouth is still watering from the food...


and then we popped over to the brahmin for a little reserved table action & dancing...where i broke out my own personal tush party...



getting married in your 30's is a real treat, and i'll tell you why... because it's not until your 30's that you really know who your real friends are and how special your family really is. the women in my life that day went above and beyond to celebrate me, it's almost too hard to put into words just how much i love each of the ladies who were a part of that afternoon and night. to my mom and sister, it's been a crazy 4 months, thank you for doing everything in your power to pull this all off without a hitch and making it so beautiful and special. to my new family, i am excited to become a part of your clan. to my forever family, i will always be one of you. and to my girlfriends, there are no better people to have on your side. looking forward to celebrating with each of you in 3 weeks! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment