Monday, October 28, 2013

my not so glamorous daily beauty regime...

the other day the guys in my office were complaining about how much 'product' their wives/girlfriends have in the bathroom. and while i'm sure by guy standards i to have too much 'product' in my bathroom, i also don't think that i have an excess of overpriced crap in there. i'm always amazed at some of the beauty products i've seen other bloggers post about using, $90 bottle of face moisturizer? umm, no thanks. so here is my not so glamorous, cheap(ish) beauty regime...

i don't know about you, but i'm in my mid-thirties and still have acne...and it sucks, so i use this dermatologist prescribed topical cream about once a week in my 'problem areas'...


in the shower i use these two facial cleansers, in this order, and then moisturize for the day. the daily pore cleanser targets my blackheads, and the cetaphil is just a gentle cleaner to calm my face down after i've viciously attacked it with the clean & clear. at night, i just wash my face with the cetaphil & moisturize...



i used to get suckered into buying fancy shampoos at my salon, now i'm back on the drugstore available crap. i have fine, pin straight, color treated hair...no matter what i use in my hair it looks and feels about the same...


because i do spend a small fortune on coloring my hair i use this violights shampoo in conjunction with the regular stuff to keep it from turning brassy too quickly...


and sometimes when my hair gets really knotty and nasty i use this detangled...


i'm really bad about moisturizing my body, more so in the summer than in the winter. a friend turned me on to this moisturizer a few years ago and it's my go to. and no, it's not just for pregnant chicks worried about stretch marks...


perfume & makeup are probably the only areas that i tend to have what i consider excessive or expensive, but that's for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment