Monday, November 11, 2013

currently reading...

my co-worker and i have very similar tastes in books, and since she clearly reads more than me, she always drops her latest & greatest on my desk to have a go at. the most recent was me before you by jojo moyes. i kid you not, i read this book in less than 5 hours. i could not put it down and i wanted the book to continue forever...but clearly it couldn't if you've read the ending. by the end of the book i was sobbing, a full on ugly cry. my heart was breaking for the main female character, i literally felt her pain, the unjustness of it all. i think this is going to be a book group book for my gals coming up, i'll insist on it!...

since i finished this book entirely too fast and needed something to keep my mind occupied on a short flight, i picked up the death of bees by lisa o'donnell. i hadn't heard of this book before but i was drawn to the cover...yes, i judge books based on their covers. so far it's not bad, in a not-bad-for-a-book-i-picked-up-in-the-airport sort of way...


No comments:

Post a Comment